The Government of Mali has engaged in widespread institutional reform over the past decade. PQM+ is strengthening Mali’s regulatory system by building the capacity of the Directorate of Pharmacy and Medicines (DPM) to carry out important functions, including risk-based post-marketing surveillance (RB-PMS) and registration.
PQM+ is also improving the coordination of RB-PMS activities by supporting a multisectoral national technical working group to plan and oversee PMS of antimalarial and maternal and child health medicines.). The program supported the National Health Laboratory (Laboratoire National de la Santé, LNS) to achieve ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation and continues to support it to expand the scope of this accreditation.
Impact stories and news
- USAID works to ensuring quality medical products in Mali
- Ensuring Quality Tools to Fight Malaria
- Mali’s NCQL earns global recognition
- PQM+ supports risk-based post-marketing surveillance for antimalaria medicines
- Mali works to improve cost efficiency of medicines quality testing
- Mali adopts a risk-based sampling approach to assess the quality of medical products