From manufacturers who expand local production of lifesaving medicines to regulators who achieve global standards for laboratory accreditation, PQM+ is making a tremendous impact across Africa and Asia to improve access to quality-assured medical products.
Impact stories & news
Ethiopia expands laboratory capacity
Over the last decade, Ethiopia strengthened its laboratory system to achieve global accreditation.
WHO prequalifies West Africa's first NQCL
The national quality control laboratory (NQCL) in Ghana receives global accreditation.
Uzbekistan streamlines TB medicine registration
National regulators improve medicine registration for faster access to vital tuberculosis medicines.
- Beyond TB medicines: How quality assurance is elevating health systems in Central Asia (Sept 2023)
- Mali Strengthens Surveillance of Medical Products (August 2023)
- Ethiopia Expands Laboratory Capacity Across Country (July 2023)
- WHO prequalifies West Africa's first NQCL in Ghana (April 2023)
- Pakistan improves vaccine safety monitoring (April 2023)
- Uzbekistan streamlines TB medicine registration (March 2023)
- Ghana FDA uses risk-based surveillance to ensure quality medical products (Sept 2022)
- Strengthening Pakistan’s public diagnostic labs to respond to COVID-19 (Aug 2022)
- Improving access to COVID-19 treatment through technology transfer (Aug 2022)
- Pakistan begins to manufacture, export quality-assured personal protective equipment to fight COVID-19 (May 2022)
- Pakistan establishes first public sector lab to test quality of personal protective equipment (May 2022)
- Working to increase access to high quality neglected tropical disease medicines (March 2022)
- Stronger medical product quality assurance systems respond during the COVID-19 pandemic (Feb 2022)
- USAID launches quality club in Uzbekistan (Dec 2021)
- WHO prequalifies Central Asia’s first medicines quality control lab (Nov 2021)
- Ensuring Kazakhstan’s uninterrupted access to safe medicines (Sept 2021)
- Ensuring quality medical products in Mali (July 2021)
- Building confidence and production of better medicines (Nov 2020)
- Reducing the risk of HIV transmission in Ethiopia (July 2019)
- Saving newborn lives with quality-assured scaled up chlorhexidine